Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Recovering

Recovering from the move, from the frantic marking that followed and then from the women's conference our church organises every second year. I have been running, it seems, and along with the fact that we didn't have Internet for a while and my laptop has been playing up, I just haven't blogged, though all sorts of exciting things have happened.

I turned forty for a start! I had such a lovely day. Andrew and the children filled my bedroom with balloons before sitting on my bed and giving me presents (including my fabulous Nespresso coffee machine). My work friends put on a huge morning tea of fabulous, all savoury food (I stopped eating sugar in November, I really must post about that one day), and Kristy came in with the delightful Sam! He fell asleep in my arms, I am the baby whisperer.


I also got two bunches of flowers and needed to get a lift home because I couldn't carry everything.


Living in Central is lots of fun. Everyone thinks we'll want to stay here but we're keen to get back to Estella for the long term. In the meantime, there is lots to enjoy about the urban lifestyle (in a regional centre, not a big city!).

In the mornings Milo and I walk Toby and Bethany to their bus stop. We have to cross the highway, at the lights, and then a busy road without a crossing, so I really do need to go with them. This was meant to be a photo of a busy road, but it doesn't look all that busy, does it? The joys of living in the country!


We walk past lovely old houses. This is my favourite garden.


As well as our new lifestyle in town, I am enjoying my vicarious trip through Europe! Back soon with photos of our house, really, it will be soon.

3 comments:

  1. A sugar free baker? Hard to comprehend. As for baby whisperer - do you do housecalls? Inner city living hey? Almost like living on King St Newtown! Love the snippets of your life friend. Will call for a chat soon. Love J

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy, nice to see what's happening on the other side of the world!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you stopped eating sugar in november?? I'm definitely asking you about that tomorrow. lovely to see pics of your temporary pad and kristy's lovely little one!

    ReplyDelete