Sunday, June 3, 2012

Muddy weekend

Yes, the perfect weather for Muddi markets is rainy. There were lots of people there and we were kept very busy. The food on offer was pretty much all sweet so I went from 7.45 until 2.15 on two cups of coffee. I really must get in the habit of packing myself some snacks as morning tea always means sugar!


Now that the manic Muddi weekend is over I just have my 10 hour work day tomorrow and 25 assignments to mark. Back into it!

Reading update: I am loving Villette (Charlotte Bronte), though it takes a good long while to read a book with 600 pages of tiny print. Lots of people online have said they loved it more than Jane Eyre. I'm not sure about that, I love Jane Eyre, but I'll reserve my final judgement until I reach the end. I got very annoyed with the Kobo (e-reader, which has a touch screen that became unresponsive - imagine a book where you can't turn the page!) so am having a break from Of Human Bondage until I finish Villette. My book club book is Mao's Last Dancer, which I read years ago. I'll have to read it again before we meet because my recollection of it is pretty vague. Reviews of the movie were dismal so we are watching Snow Flower and the Secret Fan on Friday night instead. I do love our movie nights - takeaway dinner, the library to ourselves and the film on the big screen in the children's area with lovely book club friends. I'll try to remember to take pictures this time!

No comments:

Post a Comment