Tuesday, June 19, 2012

My turn

Ok - so it's been an age since I posted anything, but since Amy was a little concerned about the blog becoming "All about Amy" I thought I'd take the focus of her for a bit.

Actually I have been procrastinating going to bed for some stupid reason, so I thought I'd post a photo of a drawing Bethany spent a fair bit of time on this afternoon. No homework got done, but she worked on this little chibi for ages, so it's only fair she receives a little online glory.



Actually, the reason I'm up so late and wide awake is that I've got too much music going through my head. I've been really privileged to play in the band for the show Amy mentioned yesterday. We knocked over about 26 tunes from many musicals including Rent, Boy from Oz, Chicago, Legally Blonde, Les Miserables, My Fair Lady and more. We also did tunes by Robbie Williams, Beyonce and the finale was Bohemian Rhapsody. I've done some good gigs in my time, but these cats can play! All the muso's are legends in their own right, and it was a challenge but a joy to gig with them. And the talent is Wagga continues to astound me - there is talent here that more than rivals anything you could find in the major cities.

And now that that gig is done, I have a trad jazz gig early July, a very cool monthly groove factory gig at one of the pubs, the odd jazz quartet functions with some muso's from the Kapooka Army band, a convention to organise the music for at the end of June, and a couple of students looking for a teacher. Bring it on I say! Here's a shot from my seat in the theatre taken during sound check on Sat night, and a shot from a rehearsal - love rehearsing at Billy Hydes!





Ok that's it - g'night.

No comments:

Post a Comment