Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Ah, the serenity


I may not be on holidays myself, but I felt the holiday joy this morning. I didn't have school lunches to make so I gave myself a half hour sleep in. At 6.30, when I crept out of my bedroom, no-one stirred. I emptied the dishwasher, hung out the sheets I washed yesterday, drank my tea while reading blogs, walked Milo, got ready for work and left by 8.20 without anyone else leaving their beds! Serenity indeed.

Work wasn't particularly serene and, after walking home underneath the enormous moon (it was bigger than it appears in the photo), I was kept busy with dinner. Sue is not a television watcher like her husband so while she played the iPad at the dining table, I kept her company and made a couple of cards. Now, the youngest and oldest have gone to bed and quiet reigns again. Perfect for a few hours of watching Le Tour, tea in hand, with a slice of Jane's fructose free chocolate cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment