Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Farewelling Maame

Two farewell events have been organised for Maame who has almost finished her PHD. Tonight our bible study headed out for coffee and dessert, or just coffee as the case may be. The news that Maame is not quite finished and really doesn't know when she will be leaving, brings mixed feelings. Of course it is right for her to finish and go home to have her baby, but if she had to stay I would get to hold the baby! I'm so torn.

The friendly waiter took a picture of us.


This is the photo Maame took of me in the kaba and slit she brought back for me from Ghana. The material I wore on my head that day can also be worn around the shoulders. I think I will go for that option as I look ill when you can't see my hair.


1 comment:

  1. It will be really sad when Maame goes, but I guess not for her, it must have been hard to be away from her family.

    You look perfectly lovely in that outfit, and not sick at all!

    ReplyDelete