Thursday, August 30, 2012

Gigs

Andrew has a gig tonight with a couple of bands. One is called The Groove Factorie and the other Funked Up Kids. Jossie and I had a little giggle over his careful enunciation of the second one and Bethany declared that it was very nearly rude. Andrew agreed and said that many words are nearly rude. "Yes, like ship" said Bethany. Unfortunately, the rest of us laughed so we will probably be subjected to ship jokes for a day or two.

I am getting through these essays. It is entirely possible that I'll be finished by the end of the weekend. I learnt something else from Bleak House, you see. If you chip away at things, before you know it, you'll have a lot done. Bleak House being in half hour episodes, I found that I could just watch one and then do something else. Squeeze in a quick episode and then get other jobs done. I watched the whole thing twice in two weeks in that fashion! Now I am just marking one assignment and then making dinner. Marking three before going to bed, and marking at least one even if I have been out that evening. Sometimes, I can master my inclination to procrastinate. For those other times, there's Grammarly's blog.

Bethany did do some more weaving at art class today but not before making........ something else. I'm not sure what it is but I think the sculpture they made on the first week, turned into beads somehow, and today they painted them and threaded them onto colourful wire.


She skipped home, holding it out "in case people want to see art".


They can see it when they walk past our house as we have hung it in a tree.

1 comment:

  1. Laughed out loud at this post! So many almost rude words out there... love it.

    ReplyDelete