Monday, December 31, 2012

Relaxing

Andrew and I have now had a full week of holidays and it has been very relaxing. The kids have had friends over and gone to friends' houses. I have made ice cream and granola. We have stayed up late and slept in. It has been so good.

On the 28th it was Monique's birthday, so we went out to dinner with all the Shephards and came back to our place for pavlova and Just Dance 4.


Andrew and Shep went on a two day ride, riding over 100 kilometers each day! I'm hoping he'll do a post about it and share his photos. We exercised too, of course, by walking Milo and Just Dancing!

After church yesterday we had lunch at the McMillans' with friends who have been at Moore College this year. It was lovely to see them and meet the son they had during the year. Such cheeks!




Last night I saw The Hobbit with Liz and Ian. While I have read the Lord of the Rings many times, I have only read The Hobbit once, many years ago. That is a very good situation to be in, as I am familiar with the characters and the general story, but don't remember the finer details so can't be upset when plot or character details are changed. Martin Freeman is perfect as Bilbo, born to play the part, and Richard Armitage did a great job as Thorin Oakenshield. Next stop, Les Mis.......

1 comment:

  1. "While I have read the Lord of the Rings many times, I have only read The Hobbit once, many years ago. That is a very good situation to be in, as I am familiar with the characters and the general story, but don't remember the finer details so can't be upset when plot or character details are changed. "

    Unlike me, who re-read The Hobbit just before going to see them film and was left feeling somewhat disappointed and irked.

    Hi - I've been casually reading your blog for a while - I hardly comment on blogs but my Hobbit-annoyance led me to say something :)

    Write on!

    ReplyDelete