Sunday, February 17, 2013

Running update

Did you think I had quit? Nope, I am still running! I have just completed week two of the Get Running app. Week one had me doing 8 lots of running for 1 minute and walking for 1 1/2, with 5 minutes walking either side to warm up/cool down. This last week I did 6 lots of running for 1 1/2 minutes and walking for 2. In only 2 weeks I am able to run much more easily, the difference is obvious. By the last 2 runs, I began to feel a little like I couldn't wait to stop, but that beats being able to run for 20 seconds and having enough!

 On Monday morning I'll start with 2 runs of 1 1/2 minutes, then 1 1/2 minutes of walking, and then I go for 3 minutes of running. Three minutes is a very long time! I have given the lovely English lady who tells me what to do, the name Lucy. She is very encouraging and I am sure that while I am not going to enjoy it, I'll be able to do it.

The nights before I run, I make lunches for the following day, and this week I decided to do that every night and walk with Milo on my non-running days. I can assure you that I am unable to take photos while doing the running app (my phone is strapped to my arm and is playing music, the Get Running app and Runkeeper),but I only take the phone for telling the time when I walk with Milo. It would feel rude to listen to music in his company. I took this photo of the sunrise on Thursday. Silly phone doesn't capture the colours.




1 comment:

  1. Keep on running .... think of the good it'd doing!

    ReplyDelete