Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Getting On

Now that the weather is warmer, we have been thinking how nice it would be to spend time in the garden, or at least be able to send the children out there, but, like most houses in our street, we still don't have one! Last week, the first official step was taken and a bobcat took out most of the weeds, smoothed the bumps and made gentle slopes.


It's not much, in fact, it's almost a backwards step as we had green, purple and yellow with the weeds, but it is progress.


In some ways I think that my dreaming of a garden, or even just lawn, is a bit silly as spring is making me very, very uncomfortable with hay fever. I spent two days outside last week, buffeted by pollenated gusts of wind and felt that if it was possible to die of hay fever, I would have done it. Apart from that, the Children's Medical Research Institute Christmas Fair was lovely.






It's possible that Spring is so awful in order to make me enjoy summer more! I'm just an Autumn and Winter sort of girl.

2 comments:

  1. I think it's the worst spring we've had in a little while! It's crazy! Everyone is coughing and sneezing. I think I'll be happy when it settles and swooping season is over :)

    ReplyDelete