Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Au revoir


On Wednesday, a few of my workmates and I went on a road trip to visit a couple of our branch libraries. We drove past Morgan's Lookout on the way down to Corowa and decided to climb it on the way home. Dan Morgan was a bushranger who climbed to the top of  some massive rocks on a hilltop to see if the police were coming. We saw only countryside.

We have church friends whose new house is around the corner and we carpool for the Friday night Kids' Club and youth group picking up and dropping off. Kids' Club had a movie night, which calls for onesie wearing, and Bethany and Hannah discovered that they were twins!

Three weeks has flown by. Andrew and I are watching the last stage of the Tour de France for 2014 and it's very sad. We have all enjoyed it very much, Bethany only really saw the highlights on at a friendlier hour, but Toby and Joss put in some long hours. Bethany will be happy not to be missing out every night; this evening the Shephards came over to eat cheese and watch the women's race and Bethany was in bed. 

I am sorry that Richie Porte didn't make the podium, but he is still young. I like Nibali, and am pleased to have two Frenchmen on the podium too. Joss is a big fan of Marcel Kittel, as well as of the Aussie team, Orica Greenedge. I put a photo of Joss on Instagram, with the hash tag 'gogerro' and Simon Gerrans' wife liked it, so Joss was very pleased! Tomorrow night I could go to bed early, or stay up late reading!

1 comment:

  1. Just what am I going to do at 10pm now? I grieve every year when it finishes...

    ReplyDelete