Saturday, November 29, 2014

Gingerbread


Churches have been holding gingerbread house events for years, but for some reason, we have always gone for something else. We have had button flowers, cards, felt flowers and foodie, rather than crafty events. This year, we went old school and embraced the gingerbread.


As usual, my very dubious talent for talking landed me the job of MC, so I took the less involved gingerbread option of making a tree, rather than a house. I highly recommend the tree option, it is quicker by far, much easier to wrap and delivers a modest amount of gingerbread and lollies. That said, I will still get my gingerbread house mold out and make one with the kids. It's tradition you know. 


I wonder if it is possible to hold a women's event free of sugar. I may have been the only woman who left having consumed only water and tea!

2 comments: