Saturday, October 31, 2015

Hallowe'en



It seems it only takes one night of trick or treating to make a habit. Bethany was definitely up for going again this year. The night before she came out having painted her face - one side was a vampire, the other a zombie. Somehow, I prefer the way the Americans seem just to dress up as anything, not necessarily scary.

Joss is a great fan of make-up, and spends many hours perfecting her make-up skills. She was keen to try and make Bethany look like Maleficent, and I think that she did a great job. If we had made horns and darkened Bethany's hair, I think she really would have nailed the character.


I almost forgot to purchase supplies and had to pop into Woolies when I picked up Joss after work. Then, of course, I had to keep the family out of them for the rest of the day.

I needn't have bothered, as it happens, because we had hardly any trick or treaters. In fact, we didn't have any that we didn't know. In the last couple of years we have had lots, and there were heaps of kids wandering our suburb, but they walked right past our house.  I think they were only going to places that were decorated. This is a good development!


Bethany was out for a couple of hours and came back with 70 lollies. That packet of sugar free biscuits came from someone who wasn't prepared but was willing to improvise! 

2 comments:

  1. No-one popped in here at Tahlee! At least you can eat the sugar free biscuits.... Joss is very talented at make-up...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad she had fun! Shame you have to eat all your goodies!

    ReplyDelete